Preparing For The 2021 Real Estate Market as a REALTOR®
Published Saturday, January 16, 2021
There is no question that the 2021 real estate market will be different than in the past. In general, homes are selling faster and at higher prices than ever before. Here are five tips to help you prepare for this changing and challenging marketplace:
- Understand the source of your current business. Is your primary source of leads coming from referrals, past clients, or another source? Focus your time and resources on developing new ways to generate new business in the 2021 market.
- The old stuff still works. If you are using signs and direct mail and they are working, keep using them. You do not want to neglect marketing tools that generate new business; however, that does not mean you should not test new marketing and lead generation methods.
- Purchase leads and advertise. You can purchase leads directly for a lead generation service or buy advertising on sites that will help you generate leads as potential buyers search for homes.
- Run your ads. Two good options are Facebook and Google. With Facebook, you can run as many ads as you like, but you must target the right people and generate new business. Facebook Ads will get you good exposure in your area, but not necessarily to persons looking to buy a home. With Google, you can use keywords for persons looking to purchase a home type directly into Google, and it is probably a better way to generate new business.
- Use video marketing in your business plan. Video has proven to be an excellent way to communicate with potential clients, and having more video assets opens the door to more business.
Generating new business in 2021 may indeed prove to be challenging. Hopefully, these tips will prepare you to meet the challenge and help you grow your business to be bigger and better than ever before.
Author: Mike Fair - Director of YHA, Real Estate Instructor