Your House Real Estate Academy Illinois Real Estate Broker License Renewal Portal is Open
Published Tuesday, February 8, 2022
The IDFPR broker license renewal portal is open for business! Broker licensees will be receiving an email notification from IDFPR with login information and must renew their license on or before April 30, 2022. According to the IDFPR, the portal may experience some performance issues due to a high volume of online renewals.
Real Estate Broker Renewal
Summary of Continuing Education Requirements:
The 2022 Broker Renewal deadline is April 30, 2022. Prior to renewing a license, the licensee shall complete the required courses as described below...
- If first issued a Broker License prior to November 2, 2019, 12-hours of CE is required, this must consist of a 4-hour Core course and 8 hours of elective courses, of which one hour may be the Sexual Harassment Prevention Training course. Register Here
- If first issued a Broker License between November 2, 2019 and October 31, 2021, 45 Hours of Post License Education is required. Note: The Post License curriculum includes the required 1-hour of Sexual Harassment Prevention. Register Here
- If first issued a Broker License on or after November 1, 2021, the license will have an expiration date of 4/30/2024. 45 hours of Post License Education is required to be completed by 4/30/2024.
Certification of Compliance with Continuing Education Requirements:
- Each renewal applicant must certify, on the renewal application, full compliance with the CE requirements.
- Active attorneys admitted to practice law pursuant to Illinois Supreme Court rule are exempt from CE but must certify on the renewal application to full compliance with the CE requirements.
- The Department may require additional evidence demonstrating compliance with the CE requirements. It is the responsibility of each renewal applicant to retain or otherwise reproduce evidence of such compliance upon request.
Frequently Asked Questions About License Renewal